Allow Sub-URL to Specific IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Allow Sub-URL to Specific IP

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

We've 'abc.com' as primary URL which should be accessed by all.

sub URL - 'abc.com/odata' should be allowed to access only to specific Public IP which we mention.

Please suggest how we can apply these policy in PaloAlto.

Thanks,

Sathish

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sathishjblr,

You can try same by configuring Custom-URL-Category to achieve your requirement.  You can create custom URL category for URL with specific URI and separate category for Primary URL. Then write appropriate security-policies for allowing & blocking it for required IPs.

Ref. https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClLlCAK

Hope it helps!

Mayur Sutare

M

@SutareMayur 

Thank you for your response.

abc.com is our server hosting application.

abc.com should be allowed to all users to access, which is already allowed.

but abc.com/odata should be restricted to allow to access from specific set of Public IP which we'll define.

I missed to mention the part abc.com is hosted by us.

Hi @Sathishjblr ,

You can try to configure the Custom URL category as per given in the article shared in earlier response and define appropriate security policies for the traffic. Hope it works for you.

M

@SutareMayur 

Thank you for the update.

This custom URL filter will work for internal hosted application ?

Will inbound URL filter work in PaloAlto?

suggestion/solution for the above requirement is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sathish

@Sathishjblr,

Personally, I never tried to configure Custom URL category for inbound traffic. But you can try to configure it and see the result.

M

@SutareMayur 

Thank you for your replay.

Our Firewall team are not ready to do the steps which you've provided.

If there is any article or any proof if we can achive my requirement will be very help full for me to show them.

Thanks,

Sathish 

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!