cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

App-ID not working properly

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I'm working in Active/Active VWire mode, OS 5.0.9. version of PA is 5050.

while I'm trying to block applications, I noticed the applications are been blocked in monitoring, but in real nothing is blocked.

one more notice is that most of the web-based applications are blocked but proxies, torrents, and youtube aren't.

also there is no decryption configured, and there no Content Filter license.

Waiting  your quick response,

Regards,

Maher Shaban

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Decryption or content filtering licence are not prerequisit for blocking apps.

Have you got some "incomplete" app in monitor ? Are apps well reconize ?

V.

L2 Linker

Hello,

What kind of application is it ? Also, what is the protocol and dport for the application ? Please make sure you have latest version of applications under dynamic updates. You can also verify at Application Research Center to make sure we have decoders for that application.

Hi Vince,

thanks for you reply, of course I've some incomplete apps, but it recognizes the apps properly, and it shows them blocked in the monitor.

some apps like tor and bit torrent. they appear in the monitor tab as blocked. but they are not.

Hi hparikh,

Thanks for your reply,

the applications are torrent apps, proxy apps, and encrypted tunnel apps. and regarding the dynamic updates, it's up to date.

and regarding Decoders in the application research center, I did found the applications.

I don't know what to do exactly.

this the second time i change the design to get a better result, and no way.

any help Guys,

Regards

Maher

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!