Blocking Google Games !

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Blocking Google Games !

L0 Member

Has anyone had any success in blocking the Google browser based games yet? I have seen a few threads with no answers.

I'm going to bust out the Fiddler and see where it is going during this but I don't want to interfere with normal users and their Google searches. I was thinking there would be an app-id for it but I may have to find domain name that it is using.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@muhammadblibla,

The best way I know of  to do this is busting out fiddler and creating custom threat signatures. The downside is that you need to analyze every single game that Google comes out with and build a custom threat signature for every single game. You're users are also likely to just move to built-in browser games, so it doesn't really fix anything.

Probably already saw the last post about this. I agree with the OP of that post in his final update; chop this up to managing users or teachers monitoring students and move on.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/blocking-google-games/m-p/255435#M72479

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!