Blocking pictures with GPS Data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Blocking pictures with GPS Data

Not applicable

I'd like to use the PA to block pictures that contain GPS exif data in jpeg, tiff, and other uploads to social media sites.  Has anyone done this already?  

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

I would suggest posting this question to DevCenter .They should certainly have some thoughts on whether this is possible.

L0 Member

Hi PANoJam,

Do you have a sample picture that you can share? I'd like to see the format and how the GPS data looks like.

-Salvo

Easiest way to do this, is to snap a photo with your smartphone.  Location Services are enabled by default.  Then email it to yourself and run exiftool on it or look at properties, Details tab in Windows.  GPS data should be present.  If you're still having trouble, let me know and I will post a pic.

Hi,

I tried to search on the information provided but it doesn't seem like firewall does not have any file type which will block GPS exif file.

Also there is only one application which is being blocked for such data by the firewall which is FOTKI. Here are the details from the firewall for the application

fotki

Fotki is a digital photo sharing, video sharing and media social network website and web service suite; it is one of the world's largest social networking sites. In many ways, the site appears to be similar to the majority of other popular photo sites which support a number of so-called Web 2.0 features, such as use of Ajax, tagging, RSS feeds, social bookmarking, GPS location information and Exif info display.

tcp/443, tcp/80

web-browsing

As mentioned above by akawimandan you can certainly check on the DevCenter if somebody else has already created a custom signature for this and are willing to share it with you.

Also you can file a request for a new application for file type.

Here is a doc which explains how to request a new application

Hopefully this help.

Thank you

Numan

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!