Both the Vm Firewall was in active state

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Both the Vm Firewall was in active state

L2 Linker

Hi Team ,

We have 2 Vm firewalls both the vm firewall are in Ha and in active and passive. The passive firewall base license and all the license have expired one week ago. The ha1 and ha2 link was showing and both the VM firewall was in active-active state.

Both the firewalls were in active state.

Can you please let me know why both the vm firewalls went into active.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@GideonKonga,

Licenses wouldn't cause a split-brain scenario to happen, even when both peers have different subscription status (this is also a weird thing to have happen, as would likely have HA specific licenses when running an HA pair).

Someone would need to look through your logs to see if they could determine root cause for you, and since I don't recommend sharing log files with strangers on the internet I would reach out to TAC to have them assist in determining root-cause of the split-brain scenario you ran into. You'll just need to generate a technical support file and that'll include everything they need to get started. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!