Bulk upload of set commands in PAN-OS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bulk upload of set commands in PAN-OS

L3 Networker

Hello All,
I'm working on a migration that requires me to breakout one large SRX config into a PAN-OS config while implimenting multiple VSYS instances.  I am managing the configuration via Panorama, so I've got a base config out of the migration tool for the policies and I have that in a conversion device group.  I'm using a CLI output of set commands for this device group, identifying the rules I want to migrate to a new device-group in Panorama, then searching the sets I need in the conversion device group CLI output, copying them to notepad, changing the device-group name, and re-uploading the rules into a new device-group.  I'm doing this in a lab version of Panorama.  I then take a named configration snapshot, upload that to my production Panorama and do a load config partial to copy the rules from my lab config into my production config.

This method works great for me, and the migration process has gone great so far.  The time consumer here, though, is this method only allows me to upload 2 rules worth of set commands at a time in the CLI without throughing errors.  Does PAN-OS have a way for me to take all of my set commands in a txt file and upload them into the configuration all at once?    

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

So my searching and reading skills are lacking this Saturday morning.  I found this topic and it seems to be the answer I'm looking for.

set cli scripting-mode on

Increase paste buffer on PAN or other import methods

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!