BYOD Decryption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BYOD Decryption

L0 Member

Has anyone been succesful in using decryption on a network where most computers are not on the domain? I am working at a school where all students are bringing their own devices so we cannot push decryption certificates through group policy.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

make students install it (provide procedures for all OS and browsers) or forget about it

L5 Sessionator

You have to install the root certificate into all the systems. By default IE,Chrome uses windows certificate store but if the students are using mozilla firefox then in that case they have to install that certificate into the mozilla firefox as well.

L2 Linker

If you are using a controller-based wireless network then you can use some form of onboarding to push the necessary certificate to all clients.

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm a high school teacher in Austin, TX. What is the best way to block Twitter, Facebook and other social media? Can we use GPO to push SSL decryption certificates at our school?

BR, Patrick

Patrick Amrein

My path access via: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/ssl-decryption http://customwritingcompany.com

If it's the schools network, you can define policies, which need to be accepted by the students (if legal council is fine with it).

So you can make the students install GlobalProtect on their devices and with that you got a) accurate UserIDs and b) you can propagate trusted root certificates to the devices)

Best Regards
Chacko
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!