Can I use SSL SYSLOG to ArcSight Logger?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can I use SSL SYSLOG to ArcSight Logger?

Not applicable

Hi,

I can see the PANW SYSLOG server profile transport SSL on 6514 and I am just trying to work out if this can be received by Logger?

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Richard

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello Richard,

If configured to use SSL for encryption of the logs, a listener on port 6514 will be created on the PAN firewall. Now, could you please check on your ArcSight Logger, whether it supports encrypted logs on port 6514. Otherwise, you can change the port on PAN FW according to your logger.

(ArcSight Logger: Streams real-time data and categorizes them into specific logs)

PAN FW  configuration options:Device tab > Server Profiles > Syslog

Select Transport as either UDP, TCP or SSL. UDP and TCP default port 514, SSL default port 6514.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Thanks HULK, I can't see anything like SSL/TLS/Encrypted options under the Logger Receivers section...

Looks like Splunk supports it:

How to get tcp-ssl input for Splunk 6.0 to work - Splunk Community

EDITED to remove reference to SmartConnectors as i'm not sure it's relevant.

Yes, it looks like, you need a smartconnector to communicate with your logger. These logs are normalized in CEF (Common Event Format) and send encrypted to the Logger in SmartMessage format on port 9000/TCP.

Thanks

Hello,

this might help you:

PAN-OS 6.0 CEF Configuration Guide

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!