Can't add tunnel interface created by restapi, to Security Zone using restapi.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Can't add tunnel interface created by restapi, to Security Zone using restapi.

L0 Member

Using restapi to create IPSec tunnels for a new firewall attached to Panorama. 

I create the tunnel interface using restapi. I can see the new interface successfully created in Panorama. 

When I try to assign that interface to a Security Zone it fails with: 

"Invalid Object:  Branch-VPN -> network -> layer3 'tunnel.781' is not a valid reference.  Branch-VPN -> network -> layer3 is invalid."
From Panorama I try to edit the security zone and add the interface but it isn't available on the drop down list.
If I open the tunnel.781 interface and click close from Panorama, the interface then is available in the drop down list and I can successfully run the restapi process. 
What is the web interface doing when you open the tunnel interface object, make no changes, then close it and how do I do it with restapi?

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!