Can't block Gmail file upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't block Gmail file upload

L3 Networker

Hello,

i can't block upload files to gmail. Can anyone say what i'm doing wrong?

My decryption policy:

Untitled1.png

File Blocking profile:

Untitled.png

With yahoo mail no problem, but with gmail.. When i connecting to gmail, i get a message:

Untitled3.png

So decryption works, but not completely.. I can upload any file i want. What else do I need to do to block upload?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Might be an issue with the SPDY, in chrome:

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

Right click on the short-cut you’re using to start Chrome

Select Properties

Modify Target from

...\chrome.exe"into

...\chrome.exe" --use-spdy=off --use-system-ssl (note: the command line arguments have to go after the quotation marks)

Click Apply

Close all Chrome windows

Restart Chrome

You can find a discussion about this issue in the below link.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/17508#17508

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

can you install the certificate to your client's trusted root and try that again

and also be sure that your gmail traffic hits that file-blocking profile selected security rule

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

I was able to block a file.

warning.JPG.jpg

warning-2.JPG.jpg

warning-3.JPG.jpg

Funny thing: with "internet explorer" all works fine, but with "chrome" - some times works, but some times not..

Might be an issue with the SPDY, in chrome:

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

Right click on the short-cut you’re using to start Chrome

Select Properties

Modify Target from

...\chrome.exe"into

...\chrome.exe" --use-spdy=off --use-system-ssl (note: the command line arguments have to go after the quotation marks)

Click Apply

Close all Chrome windows

Restart Chrome

You can find a discussion about this issue in the below link.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/17508#17508

Also isnt Chrome picky about if the cert for google services has been altered (similar to how windowsupdate functions)?

On the other hand if this was the case then it shouldnt worked half of the tries :smileysilly:

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!