Captive Portal post authentication url redirection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal post authentication url redirection

L1 Bithead

Finally got CP working in redirect mode with our wildcard and iOS devices on our guest networks.

One of the last things I'd like to do is force the page authenticated users go to after successfully authenticating.

Am I missing something simple that's right in front of me?

scenario: user connects to SSID, opens browser to google.ca, get's CP page, authenticates and then, instead of continuing to google.ca they get redirected to our corporate homepage.

that last part is what I want to know about.

we're running a PA-5050 on 4.1.9.

thanks for any pointers

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

The 'redirect host' field points to a dns host name that points to the ip of the interface users get sent to for the portal.

that is to say....

With out this, users get sent to "www.google.ca:6082/php/uid/php?vsys=1&url=http://www.google.ca/" (if the first url they try and browse to is www.google.ca) and the certificate fails.

To fix the problem above I had to set the 'redirect host' field to 'guestportal.domain.com' which points to the IP of the interface of the zone they're in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Check your Captive portal Redirect Host settings. It seems like redirect is selected and your company name could be listed as hostname

L1 Bithead

The 'redirect host' field points to a dns host name that points to the ip of the interface users get sent to for the portal.

that is to say....

With out this, users get sent to "www.google.ca:6082/php/uid/php?vsys=1&url=http://www.google.ca/" (if the first url they try and browse to is www.google.ca) and the certificate fails.

To fix the problem above I had to set the 'redirect host' field to 'guestportal.domain.com' which points to the IP of the interface of the zone they're in.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!