captive portal questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

captive portal questions

L1 Bithead

hello,

i need to authenticate users who are using workstations which are not in my windows domain.

captive portal with local users is working.

but if i create users in my windows domain and try to authenticate them with an ldap profile, it's not working.

captive portal authenticate them (command "show user ip-user-mapping all" shows my users) but ressources access are not allowed.

i use users in my policies.

i try to make the firewall read security logs but still no success.

is this normal ?

well i think it is.

ldap authentication is working but i need to NOT put users in my policies.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@gilles007,

WHat issues are you having when you are attempting to configure user-id to read your DC security logs? Usually this is caused by improper security permissions being set on the server side of things, so I would start by insuring that this is 100% configured correctly.

Permission Documentation

hello,

i'm not readind security logs, i'm using an ldap profile.

group mapping is really something difficult to configure but it's working now.

is there a document to compare ldap vs kerberos vs user-id agent ?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!