Certificate Expiration Check- What it actually does

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L0 Member

The article - https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000POWJCA4&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

I assumed 'on-box certificates' meant that it would alert on certificates that are installed on the box when they're close to expiry, you know, because it says 'on-box certificates'.

Palo Support have just confirmed it actually means "just the Management Interface certificate specified under Device > Setup > Device Certificate"

I've told them to update the article with better wording but who knows if they'll ever do that.

I couldn't find anything on this so posting it here for everyone else, hope it helps someone.

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

@jdelio / @kiwi 

Maybe you could forward this again, that this knowledgebase article mentionned by @AndyOReilly needs a little clarification?

L2 Linker

So, I understand there is no logging/alerting on certificates managed thru Device/Certificate Management/Certificates?

As far as I know they haven't introduced that feature yet.

You do get a warning when validating/committing config when the cert has expired, not sure if it does it before it expires.

• Certificate XXXXXXXXl in shared expired on Jun 4 07:45:14 2022 GMT
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!