Check software update failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Check software update failed

L3 Networker

Hi all!

I have this problem: when i check new software updates, clicking "check now" button, this error appears: "Failed to check upgrade info due to generic communication error. Please check network connectivity and try again."

Doing a traceroute we see that after the 17th hops the trace stops, all the ping are unsuccesful

17  * paloaltonetit-5.border3.sje011.pnap.net (66.151.155.74)  163.015 ms *

18  * * *
19  * * *

[...]

30  * * *

DNS resolves name correctly (traceroute to updates.paloaltonetworks.com (199.167.52.141)), and as you can see the packet go on Internet.

Can someone please help me? Anyone saw this problem?

Regards,

Daniele Cantarelli

16 REPLIES 16

L6 Presenter

Sure give a go (l thought you did already). If your DNS is working there is no way that you will get the same errors by using external interface to talk to the update server.

p.s logging to the support website and check the licence status there by checking your serial number withing assets  

Hi all!

Changing the Service Route Configuration the issue risolved.

Thanks @TranceforLife and @BPry for the suggestion!

Regards,

Daniele

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!