Cloudgenix ION 2000 Controller port not getting IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cloudgenix ION 2000 Controller port not getting IP

L0 Member

I bought a ION 2000 that was sold to me as new, the controller port is not getting an IP through the DHCP and the CLI won't take the default password that's in the documentation so I can't check the controller config. Could this be deffective?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @AGavito and sorry for getting back to you with delay.

Yes, brand new box will not have such sticker on it. To my knowledge the way to reset ION appliance is to unclaim the device from the portal. If it is unclaimed while device is not online it will be reset when the device tries to connect to portal again. The person who sold you the box likely has not unclaimed it. At this point, I would try to factory reset it without portal access. I spent some time to search a way to reset it directly from the box, but unfortunately I could not find it anywhere in the documentation. If you have a chance I would reach support to ask how to proceed next.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

@AGavito wrote: West Penn Power Bill Pay

I bought a ION 2000 that was sold to me as new, the controller port is not getting an IP through the DHCP and the CLI won't take the default password that's in the documentation so I can't check the controller config. Could this be deffective?

ION 2000, designed for the enterprise branch, transforms legacy wide area networks (WANs), enabling you to combine heterogeneous underlying transports into a unified hybrid WAN. It establishes service-level agreements (SLAs) for security, path selection, and application performance.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @AGavito

just to confirm have you tried elem-admin password mentioned in this link: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-sd-wan/prisma-sd-wan-ion-cli-reference/access-the-io... ?

If there is no guarantee that this device is new, my first guess is that this device got registered and claimed in portal, after that the password of ION appliance got changed to the one defined in portal which you do not have access to.

Controller port is by default set to get an IP address from DHCP. If this device is in factory state this should work, however like you mentioned defect is possible. Are you seeing anything unusual on the front panel: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/hardware/ion-2000-hardware-reference/ion-2000-overview/ion-2000-le... ?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Hi and thanks for the answer, I did try those credentials mentioned and did not work, I'm coming to the conclusion that it got registered and claimed. It does have a sticker in the front labeled as S0263-RTR-02 that I believe is not factory.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @AGavito and sorry for getting back to you with delay.

Yes, brand new box will not have such sticker on it. To my knowledge the way to reset ION appliance is to unclaim the device from the portal. If it is unclaimed while device is not online it will be reset when the device tries to connect to portal again. The person who sold you the box likely has not unclaimed it. At this point, I would try to factory reset it without portal access. I spent some time to search a way to reset it directly from the box, but unfortunately I could not find it anywhere in the documentation. If you have a chance I would reach support to ask how to proceed next.

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!