CNSE Exam Study Guide Rev B - Pass Mark

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Lisiecki and Sec Sec,

Simple way to locate them is to navigate through to Communities section and in the search bar type in CNSE... you will find them coming up... This is how I found out the guide..!!!

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Only the Japanese version is returned in the result.

L4 Transporter

Education

This is the best I can give you... I referred to this prior to giving my exam a couple of days ago...

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Lisiecki and Sec Sec

I think this may depend on the access you have to the site - best to talk to your SE or account manager.

Not sure why the japanese version is viewable and not the english version.

Maybe the all seeing panagent can comment??

In regards to what i studied:

Everything! Seriously.... been going through the admin pdf's and technotes as well as the course notes from the 101 course i went on a while ago.

The online course is a good overview, and free ( see the elearning icon on the main screen of this site)

Basic common sense helps as well.

I spent ages going through the course notes but it does definately help to have experience of doing the job as well.

No easy answer to what is in the exam as it seemed to cover everything - some of it through me a bit but if you just sit back and go through it logically should be fine.

Take your time on the day - the time limit is long enough to sit and think about things for a while.

Sorry i cannot give you a more definate answer but to be honest it is a bit of a blur.

kalyanram.piratla : Thanks - glad passed it as took the 3.1 a while ago and bombed heavily so was quite worried about this one on past experience. Wonder if i get a new shirt to go with the ACE one!!

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

I don't think we get a new shirt to go with the ACE one... But if I am not wrong, I did notice somewhere that on passing CNSE, you get to own a PA-200.  Unfortunately, I have no confirmation on this.

Secondly, do you any clue of we recieving the certificate as a hard copy rather than just an email with the certificate attached?  I would be disappointed if it is just a soft copy...!!!

Highlighted
L2 Linker

oh well - worth a try.

I know there was a partner promotion that dealt with getting a PA-200.

Re the cert - really not sure - i have a feeling it is just the pdf version.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hello Gents~

To clarify, the promotion with the PA-200 has ended. The certificates are sent out in soft-copy format, because they are generated on the fly. This allows you to print the certificate out using whatever means and paper you wish; also, the email containing the certificate also contains the CNSE logo file, for use on business cards and such. There is not a CNSE shirt that is sent upon exam completion, as is the case with the ACE exam. Instead, an engineer who successfully completes the CNSE exam will receive a Certified Network Security Engineer backpack.

Cheers and congratulations on a job well done...

Michael

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Michael,

Thanks for the clarification.

Will await the backpack!!

Shame about the shirt though as means i will have to do some washing again! :smileymischief:

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Thank you Michal... I am glad I achieved it. :smileyhappy:

AAhhh... was so much eager to own a PA-200 to play around on a personal network... No worries...!!!!

Regards,

Kalyan

Highlighted
L2 Linker

As I have been preparing for the CNSE I have observed that there are several documents referenced in the official "Study Guide" that flat-out don't exist... a prime example would be https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1163, which resolves to a 404.  Unfortunately, in the Study Guide, it says of this document, "There are two docs, read the one titled 'How to configure an IPSEC VPN' - there are a number of questions on IPSec, you should definitely follow this doc to configure a tunnel."  Great advice, but the freaking document doesn't bloody exist!  The title of it in the Study Guide is "Tech Note - How to configure site2site IPSec 4.0.pdf"  If anyone can find that, please let me know.  ;-)

Cheers,

-C

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!