CNSE Exam Study Guide Rev B - Pass Mark

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CNSE Exam Study Guide Rev B - Pass Mark

L2 Linker

I am cracking on with study for the CNSE exam but on reading the latest release of the study guide have got a bit confused regarding the pass mark.

In the Rev B of the study guide the pass mark is shown as 60% but in the original release it was set at 100 questions in 2.5 hours with a pass mark of 70%.

Has it been reduced?

The FAQs on the education schedule are still for the old 3.1 exam as show 60 questions rather than 100 so just trying to see where the bar has been set prior to walking into the exam.

On another note how have people found the new 4.1 exam?  - i know my stuff just suck when it comes to sitting in the exam room!!!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not applicable

The pass score is 60%, with 100 questions and 2.5 hours allocated as the test duration. I am working to update the FAQ's to reflect this information as we speak...

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Not applicable

The pass score is 60%, with 100 questions and 2.5 hours allocated as the test duration. I am working to update the FAQ's to reflect this information as we speak...

Great, thanks for the clarification. Will see how i go!!

L4 Transporter

Hi Roblimmer,

Just gave the exam yesterday and passed it.  It was indeed tough.  Makes you think a lot regarding the product whilst testing your network security knowledge as well.

The passing is 60%. 

Thanks for that.

Going for it in the morning.

After studying for a while decided to just go for it, i hate exams as know how to do the job just find it harder to remember the facts and figures.

Fingers crossed!

Good Luck mate... you'll be good..!!! Smiley Happy

Where is the study guide located?

All done - i see what you mean now!

Cracked it anyway so on to the next one.

What did you study?

Congratulations Roblimmer...!!! Smiley Happy

L4 Transporter

Lisiecki and Sec Sec,

Simple way to locate them is to navigate through to Communities section and in the search bar type in CNSE... you will find them coming up... This is how I found out the guide..!!!

Only the Japanese version is returned in the result.

Education

This is the best I can give you... I referred to this prior to giving my exam a couple of days ago...

L2 Linker

Lisiecki and Sec Sec

I think this may depend on the access you have to the site - best to talk to your SE or account manager.

Not sure why the japanese version is viewable and not the english version.

Maybe the all seeing panagent can comment??

In regards to what i studied:

Everything! Seriously.... been going through the admin pdf's and technotes as well as the course notes from the 101 course i went on a while ago.

The online course is a good overview, and free ( see the elearning icon on the main screen of this site)

Basic common sense helps as well.

I spent ages going through the course notes but it does definately help to have experience of doing the job as well.

No easy answer to what is in the exam as it seemed to cover everything - some of it through me a bit but if you just sit back and go through it logically should be fine.

Take your time on the day - the time limit is long enough to sit and think about things for a while.

Sorry i cannot give you a more definate answer but to be honest it is a bit of a blur.

kalyanram.piratla : Thanks - glad passed it as took the 3.1 a while ago and bombed heavily so was quite worried about this one on past experience. Wonder if i get a new shirt to go with the ACE one!!

I don't think we get a new shirt to go with the ACE one... But if I am not wrong, I did notice somewhere that on passing CNSE, you get to own a PA-200.  Unfortunately, I have no confirmation on this.

Secondly, do you any clue of we recieving the certificate as a hard copy rather than just an email with the certificate attached?  I would be disappointed if it is just a soft copy...!!!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 25 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!