Commit Error "commit operation aborted as all daemons are not available"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit Error "commit operation aborted as all daemons are not available"

L2 Linker

What does it mean and how to solve it?

Regards Robert

commit operation aborted as all daemons are not available.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hello Robert,

I'd recommend opening case with support with tech support file attached.

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

L0 Member

I'm having same exact issue now in 8.0.5 and 8.0.4

admin@DC-mgmt-fw1# commit

Server error : Commit job was not queued. All daemons are not available.
[edit]
admin@DC-mgmt-fw1# commit force

Server error : Commit job was not queued. All daemons are not available.

Apologies for posting through space in time, but someone might have gotten a clue in the mean time, before we opened a case with our partner.

We encountered the same error in our 8.1.2 running Panorama KVM VM (legacy mode). I'm not sure if it's correlated somehow, but the problem appeared after we mounted a large NFS volume for log storage. Before that commits were working without any issues. 

Adding insult to injury, generating a tech support file seems to get stuck at 10%, regardless of whether it's generated via the GUI or the CLI.

Any pointers or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: We confirmed it's the NFS store, and probably its large size (8TB). When we added a temporary ACL entry in an intermediate router to block access to the NFS store from Panorama, and after rebooting Panorama, commits were working fine again. HTH someone! 

same here on a PA 3020 with 8.0.7.

Any hints?

Hi @MPI-AE,

We got the following command from PAN TAC, please use at own risk though:

debug management-server client disable cord

I had this and it was /opt/panlogs full:

admin@panorama> show system disk-space
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda8 91G 91G 0 100% /opt/panlogs

Emptied some logs:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClSjCAK

• 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!