commit failure and PA admins

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

commit failure and PA admins

L2 Linker

Hi Team,

user 1 log into firewall
Did config changes and hit it commit
Say for some reason that commit failed.

He did not check commit status and log out
Another user logged in he did his changes
And when doing commit he selects his user
Name then will his commit work?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @PaloAlto18 

Yes the commit will work and it will show a partial commit as per below.

MickBall_0-1626188865833.jpeg

but if he does not select his name then the commit fail and it will tell you why it's failing.

Or....   you can of course select config>revert changes to remove the failed change.

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@PaloAlto18  Yes commit will work for current user as explained by MickBall.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @PaloAlto18 

Yes the commit will work and it will show a partial commit as per below.

MickBall_0-1626188865833.jpeg

but if he does not select his name then the commit fail and it will tell you why it's failing.

Or....   you can of course select config>revert changes to remove the failed change.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@PaloAlto18  Yes commit will work for current user as explained by MickBall.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I am using Panorama to manage several PA firewalls.  I performed a commit for several firewalls to Panorama, both templates and device groups, and then attempted a "push to devices" which failed for a couple of the firewalls because they have been temporarily removed from service.  The pushes are still pending in Panorama and I have attempted to revert them but, Panorama indicates there are no changes to revert.

I'm wondering how I get these changes out of the Panorama running config.  The changes were primarily removing expired certificates.

Any thoughts?

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!