Connectivity Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Connectivity Issues

L2 Linker

We are having an odd connectivity issue that randomly shows up on some of our machines.  They pull an IP # from the DHCP server, they are able to do nslookups, but when I run a traceroute they time out after the L3 Trust port (10.2.0.1).  If you let it sit for a few minutes it will suddenly start working.

There is no record in the Traffic Logs of the traffic trying to get out until after it starts working.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?

I'm not sure if this is a PAN issue or an ISP issue.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Good Morning,

If you open a CLI and type "show sessions all filter source xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = the ip address of the originating device you should see your ICMP packets, this is the starting point of trouble shooting this connection issue. One thing you might also try is providing the device with a static IP address and manually assign default router and DNS, then see if you have the same behavior. This is a situation where the more information you have the clearer the solution will become.

Hi,

I did this yesterday and it appears that the PAN is passing traffic properly as I can see it getting to the L3 Untrust port, but it never gets back to the machines that are having the difficulties.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!