Creating application groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Creating application groups

L3 Networker

Is there a way to create an application group that will dynamically add applications as they are updated?

For example, I want to create a P2P application group that gets denied. Can I create a filter that says any application that is classified as P2P with a risk of 4 or 5 should be automatically added to the group? And as updates are made to the application list, anything that matches that filter will be automatically added?

Also, can you 'select all' when filtering the apps? If I filter P2P with risk of 4 or 5, can I select all of those with a single click or do I need to go through and click 80 times?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

This is called an "Application Filter" - and it's located under Objects / Application Filters.  Here's one that shows just what you've asked...  It will select all applications that are P2P with risk 4-5.  Then in your policy, just reference "P2P Risk 4-5" as the application.  As Palo Alto Networks adds new signatures that match your definition, they'll automatically get included in your policy. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

This is called an "Application Filter" - and it's located under Objects / Application Filters.  Here's one that shows just what you've asked...  It will select all applications that are P2P with risk 4-5.  Then in your policy, just reference "P2P Risk 4-5" as the application.  As Palo Alto Networks adds new signatures that match your definition, they'll automatically get included in your policy. 

That's much easier than clicking 80 times.....:)

Thanks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!