Data Filtering / URL Logs into Splunk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Data Filtering / URL Logs into Splunk

Not applicable

Hey Guys,

I have the Palo Alto App working for the Threat/Traffic Logs.

However, I would like to do the same for the Data Filtering / URL Logs.

Is this possible?

Let me know if it is and how to do it.

Thanks.

Brian

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Yes I have URL --> Splunk running. Use the log forwarding option in the security rules.

1.) Create URL profile with all cat. set to alert

2.) Create Syslog Server Profile for Splunk

13-03-2012 23-55-17.png

3.) Create Log forwarding Profile

13-03-2012 23-58-03.png

3.) Attach the URL alert profile to the appropriate security rule

4.) Attach the log forwarding profile to the appropriate security rule (Options)

13-03-2012 23-59-11.png

done.

I have not tested Data Filtering alerts into Splunk.

Roland

I did exactly what you described and I still don't see URL or Data Filtering stuff in my Splunk. I'm running Splunk for Palo Alto Networks 3.0 and Splunk version 5.0.2.

Did you have to do anything special in Splunk to get this data to show up?

Thanks,

Jeff

Ahh... I just figured it out. My log forwarding profile was only forwarding Medium to High Severity levels. When I enabled Low & Informational the URL data started showing up.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!