Dataplane spiking to 100% at the same time each morning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dataplane spiking to 100% at the same time each morning

L4 Transporter

Yesterday at 8:37am and today my noticed the dateplane hit 100% for about 15 seconds(an eternity in network time) and dropped back to normal. 

Today I ran show running resource-monitoring that basically just show me it hit 100% yesterday and today but not why. I checked the session count 36813/524286

I checked the monitoring the only thing that stands out at that time is the wildfire - Failer to resolve host panos.wildfire.paloaltonetowrks.com  but I would think that would all be management plane not data

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Is there a dynamic update that is happening at that time? What about a large file transfer? Check the release notes of any versions above the code version you are running to check and see if there is a bug on this?

Regards,

@OtakarKlier 

It happens at the exact same time everyday, I am going to check out a pc and see if there is some kind of connection, I don't have any  updates configured for that time. I did unplug the pc I thought might be related but the dataplane CPU did not drop immediately and it lasts less that a minute anyway. I didn't know if the session is already established if that is what the unplugging the pc after it started had no affect. I checked the pc and it had no mapped drives. Not sure where else to look

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Interesting. I would open a case and see what support says.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!