Deploying NetConnect 1.3 via group policy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Deploying NetConnect 1.3 via group policy

L0 Member

This issue is with Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3.

I created 2 group policies to deploy the Installersetup.msi package and the Pansetup.msi package.  The software is assigned to the computer.  They both are listed as installed under Applications and there is an icon on the desktop.

For Windows XP, when a user uses the NetConnect for the first time a popup window appears that says "Please wait while Windows configures NetConnect".  This appears for every user that logs on and and uses the client for the first time on the same computer.  The "PanInstaller" service has already been created and started before the NetConnect client is started.  The "PanService" is created and started after running the NetConnect client for the first time. The NetConnect browser-like window opens blank.  I enter the URL of my vpn interface and logon.  After a few minutes (the Windows XP laptop is very slow) the Java app starts up and it connects successfully.

For Windows 7, when a user uses the NetConnect for the first time a popup window  appears that says "Please wait while Windows configures NetConnect".   Shortly after the window appears another popup appears that says "Error installing service".  This appears for every user that logs on and and uses the client for the first time on the same computer wither they log on as a user or as an administrator.  The "PanInstaller" and"PanService" services have already been created and started before the NetConnect client is started.  After clicking Ok to dismiss the message the NetConnect browser-like window opens blank.  I enter the URL of my vpn interface and I am able to logon and connect without problems.

Is there a way to make the "Error installing service" window not appear?  Is there a better way to deploy the client?

Also, when I try to uninstall the NetConnect Installer I get an error that says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package.  A program required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personel or package vendor."  I re-install using the EXE and MSI package and re run the uninstall but still get the same error.  How can I reliably uninstall the client?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Netconnect 1.3.3 should have a fix for this issue when it is released. I would expect this to get released in LAte Nov or first half of Dec 2011.

Steve Krall

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

I have had this issue as well even installing from the .exe file.

A fix would be nice!!

It looks like a bug. Watch the future relase notes for a fix.

Steve Krall

Netconnect 1.3.3 should have a fix for this issue when it is released. I would expect this to get released in LAte Nov or first half of Dec 2011.

Steve Krall

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!