Device Certificates Intermediate Cert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Certificates Intermediate Cert

Hello,

On Device>Certificate Management>Certificates - I have a IntermediateCert, under the RootCert, that is expiring. I can easily renew it, (It's self signed), but I'm trying to understand what its being used for. I haven't found any information that easily explains it, (just basically how to install, renew, etc).

How can I find out what this certificate is for, whats using it and what its purpose is? Also what would the benefit be of not having it self signed?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

If you use the search feature in the GUI you can enter the certificate name and find any place that its referenced in the configuration. The reason that you wouldn't want to use a self-signed has everything to do with where you are using the certificate. So if you're using it for something public facing like GlobalProtect for BYOD you would want to be using a trusted certificate, but internal things like SSL Decryption you would generally just use a self-signed or something signed by your internal PKI system. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

If you use the search feature in the GUI you can enter the certificate name and find any place that its referenced in the configuration. The reason that you wouldn't want to use a self-signed has everything to do with where you are using the certificate. So if you're using it for something public facing like GlobalProtect for BYOD you would want to be using a trusted certificate, but internal things like SSL Decryption you would generally just use a self-signed or something signed by your internal PKI system. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!