Device State from Multiple Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device State from Multiple Devices

L1 Bithead

I have a question and I am hoping I am not the first person to have asked it, and that there is a script out there somewhere.

I am trying to get the device state from multiple firewalls and need to somehow put it in a script.   I do leverage the scheduled config export from Panorama, but that only gets me so far in a complete disaster.  If the endpoint is completely off the map, the restoral process is much easier with a device state export.  

So, in an environment, where you have 20+ firewalls, automation is key.  So, I have played with PowerAlto (PowerShell), and other scripting methods and have not really seen an easy way to connect to a firewall, pull a device state and then move on to the next one.

Any advice on scripting or other methods to go out and get 20+ device state exports on an automated schedule would be extremely helpful.  Thank you.

Michael

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

You should check out SLI

Specifically the mass_ssh or mass_ssh_from_panorama commands. This would allow you to use a yaml template to place CLI commands in order to save & export the device state. Cron job to make it run as needed. EZ!

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!