DHCP server issue with PA3020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP server issue with PA3020

L3 Networker

Hello,

I have PA 3020 on which I have configured a DHCP server with about 400 reserving "binding", and IP pool for non reserved.

this DHCP server is configured on vlan tagged subinterface.

every thing is going well for laptops and PCs "windows", but I have almost with all android phones "Can't get IP address" issue.

when I check "view allocation" I can see that the DHCP has assigned an IP address for the device mac address as should be, but the devices complains "Couldn't get an IP".

why that???

TIA

MR
4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hi there, 

What additional Options have you specified in the DHCP scope? DNS?

cheers,

Seb.

Yes, I added a 2 global internet DNS "1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8"

MR

Thank you so much. 

I reviewed the network and it was related to internal network issue.

Best wishes to you.

MR

Hello,

Check the traffic logs to make sure that the DHCP traffic was not dropped and allowed. I've never see an issue since DHCP is very simple and an open standard.

Regards,

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!