DHCPv6 client support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCPv6 client support?

L1 Bithead

Is there an option to have the PA act as DHCPv6 client (DHCPv4 client on an interface is obviously supported)?

I get a /56 prefix from my provider and my DSL router offers me the option to assign a /64 prefix via DHCPv6 (IA_PD), but I cannot find an option to make the PA use it (the PA is configured in Layer3 Mode and sits between DSL router and internal network(s)).

(If I configure addresses statically however (which would just be a temporary test as I get dynamic prefixes assigned) the PA doesn't seem to advertise the availability of the internal prefix on the upstream interface so that the DSL router doesn't have info how to reach the internal network. But this may be just a configuration problem or lack of IPv6 understanding...)

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello trasec,

Currently we only support the v4 version of DHCP. However, we do have a feature request (FR) submitted to our development team where you can request your account's SE to vote for it.

FR ID: 3060

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hello trasec,

Currently we only support the v4 version of DHCP. However, we do have a feature request (FR) submitted to our development team where you can request your account's SE to vote for it.

FR ID: 3060

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

Are there any news to this one? Haven't seen any updates, even in PAN OS 8.0 which received quite a lot new IPv6 features...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!