DHCPv6 relay - "interface is not on"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCPv6 relay - "interface is not on"?

L0 Member

Hi.

I'm trying to configure DHCPv6 relay for a few interfaces. One of the interfaces works perfectly, but three others doesn't work at all.

On the interface where the relay is working I can see the traffic flow in the traffic log, but on the interfaces where it doesn't work I see nothing at all in the log. I log all dropped packages.

I ran a packet capture on all stages on one of the non-working interfaces, and I can see that the firewall receives the DHCPv6 packet on ff02::1:2 from the client in the receive stage, but I can't see it in the firewall stage or any other stage.

I found something interesting in the dhcpd.log:

May 23 13:28:27 pan_dhcp6_handle_packet(pan_dhcp6.c:94): receive packet on interface 267 length 36 message type 11

May 23 13:28:27 pan_dhcpd_relay6_handle_packet(pan_dhcpd_relay6.c:156): interface ethernet1/5.1023 is not on

(I found similar messages for the other interfaces)

What does it mean that the interface "is not on"?

All other traffic works, including a DNS proxy on the same interface.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

We are working on this issue where when multiple sub interfaces are configured for DHCPv6, only one sub interface works. Please open a case with Support or your reseller to get further details/updates on this issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

We are working on this issue where when multiple sub interfaces are configured for DHCPv6, only one sub interface works. Please open a case with Support or your reseller to get further details/updates on this issue.

Thank you, I'll do that.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!