Disable IoT Feature

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Disable IoT Feature

L2 Linker

Hello All,

is there any way to disable IoT Feature? we dont have any IoT License or using it in our production.

We using PA-3260 with PANOS 10.2.2-h2.

and the problem is, we keep getting this log in our system log. and we dont allow that connection in our system.

DennyChanditya_0-1668918464911.png

Thanks,

Denny

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DennyChanditya,

Just so you're aware, the actual URL that you're attempting to connect to is the App-ID Cloud Engine (ACE). It's not specific to IoT licenses. If you go to Device -> Setup -> ACE you'll find an option to 'Disbale App-ID Cloud Engine' that you'll want to toggle if you don't want your firewall to reach out to that URL. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DennyChanditya,

Just so you're aware, the actual URL that you're attempting to connect to is the App-ID Cloud Engine (ACE). It's not specific to IoT licenses. If you go to Device -> Setup -> ACE you'll find an option to 'Disbale App-ID Cloud Engine' that you'll want to toggle if you don't want your firewall to reach out to that URL. 

Hello BPry

I was check the ACE option, it was not checked before. so i disable by check the option like pic below.

DennyChanditya_0-1669084839007.png

This option just only affect the connection to ACE only right? i afraid it will impact to other feature.

@DennyChanditya,

That option only affects ACE, it won't have impact on anything else.

okay, thanks BPry

I have the same problem but this solution not working for me 😞 Any other idea?

Alpalo_0-1709218669589.png

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!