DNS Proxy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS Proxy

L0 Member

Hi,

Can someone post and example of how they set up their dns proxy?

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

I second this request.

Thanks,

Bob

L6 Presenter

Here you go with the link for the doc

DNS proxy

Thanks,
Sandeep T

We have Internal DNS servers that reach outside, to our ISP, for external DNS. I would like to setup Proxy to prevent all the DNS traffic from reaching inside. To do this I click on DNS Proxy within the Network tab and add my Private internal interface, within the Interface section, and add the ISP DNS servers in the Default DNS Settings section?

That's it?

Yes, Once you enable the DNS proxy on the interface and point you internal DNS server to the same, all the DNS queries to your ISP are now made by PAN. Also please make sure that you have proper security rules, nat rules and routing for your internal interface to reach your external ISP server.

Thanks,

Sandeep T

Hello,

In the article you linked, it states you configure the clients with the IP addresses of the interfaces on which the DNS proxy is enabled.  I think I may be misreading this.  Is it literally all of our clients or just our internal DNS servers?  So our workstations point to our DNS servers, then our DNS servers point to the proxy.

Thank you,

Link is no longer working...

DNS proxy instructions

How to Configure DNS Proxy on a Palo Alto Networks Firewall

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!