Does VM-Series support AHV (Nutanix's Hypervisor)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Does VM-Series support AHV (Nutanix's Hypervisor)?

L1 Bithead

AHV is the Nutanix's Hypervisor that its custom base-on KVM Hypervisor.

I've tested run vm-series on AHV and its working fine , but Paloalto official support or not?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Komdet,

AHV is not directly supported on any VM-Series at the moment. As you've already tested most hypervisors will work perfectly fine even when not supported. The issue with this is that TAC is likely going to label the hypervisor as the issue with any issue that you come across, because AHV is by no means tested or approved. 

@BPry

That menas , if I run vm-series on AHV for Production , I cannot open case support with TAC right?

Thank you

@Komdet,

It doesn't mean that you can't open support cases. It simply means that TAC is likely going to point to the fact that your VM is running on an unsupported hypervisor for the vast majority of any issues that you come across. It's the same if you were using non-supported transceivers in your firewall, any interface issues that you run into are likely going to be tied to the fact that your configuration is not supported and that the transcievers themselves could be causing your issue. 

I wouldn't be too worried about recieving basic configuration guidance or working through GUI bugs or stuff like that on non-supported hypervisors. It's more of an issue where if you call in saying that an updated made your VM non-functional and they see that you are running this on AHV they'll likely finger that as the issue. 

@Komdet,

It's possible that they've added AVH as a supported Hypervisor without updating the VM-Series documentation. I would reach out to your SE or Sales team and see if they can't verify that it is/isn't supported. The official documentation is pointing towards a no, but it wouldn't be the first time the documentation was slow to get updated 😉 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!