Download GlobalProtect for Testing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Download GlobalProtect for Testing

Not applicable

I cannot see a way to download the GlobalProtect client for Mac and Windows, without activating it for the entire environment.  I would like to download the latest version to a client for testing before release.  How do I do this without activating it for everyone?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello ManillaTechOps,

Although the best practice/recommended suggestion has been given by sragunandan on above post. If you open a case and share the case ID here, we will provide you the required  version of the GP agent to you quickly ( windows 32 Bit, 64 bit and MAC OS pkg).

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Hi,

If the GP(GlobalProtect) is not configured yet here is a doc with details,

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2904

I would suggest until and unless some one tries to access the portal IP address there should not be an issue.

Also in the IP Pool of allocation you can give one or two IPs to test so that no one else can access it.

Once the GP is configured, we can type the Portal IP in the browser and authenticate to download the GP client versions.

L4 Transporter

I agree with Phoenix... Having the client and nothing to test the GP does not make sense.  Configure GP and then use against a few IPs.

Not applicable

We have GlobalProtect working in a production state.  There was a new client released in July.  How can I only get the new client downloaded, for testing, BEFORE we allow all production clients to download?

L5 Sessionator

Once you activate a particular version you can grab the msi file for that activated version only using the following doc

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2871

But if you have a lower version activated and want to try the latest version please open a case

Hello ManillaTechOps,

Although the best practice/recommended suggestion has been given by sragunandan on above post. If you open a case and share the case ID here, we will provide you the required  version of the GP agent to you quickly ( windows 32 Bit, 64 bit and MAC OS pkg).

Thanks

Case 00157016

Hello,

GP.rar ( GP-1.2.5)  has been attached along with this case. You can download now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!