EDNS Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

EDNS Support

L0 Member

In the recent code releases has support for EDNS been added...If so, what release and can you point me in the direction of a good EDNS tech doc?!!

Thank you in advanced,

-jc

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi jclimer

I don't think it is supported yet. You can go through the following threads that discuss the same:

EDNS?

EDNS0 Packet blocked

As mentioned in the above threads there is FR ID: 2315 on which you can ask your SE to vote so that it can be included in future releases.

Thanks

L3 Networker

another thread EDNS?

L4 Transporter

my company was using DNSSEC for 2 years and was running PANW to secure its DMZ without a problem. Considering that DNSSEC uses EDNS I suppose it should flow through your PANW device without a problem.

Hello Cpainchaud,

The above mentioned discussion thread is, if the PAN firewall itself is configured for DNS-Proxy and implementation of DNS-Proxy does not support EDNS. But, EDNS traffic will flow through the PAN firewall without any issue.

Thanks

Oh ok ... Sorry I've not seen any mention to dns-proxy here.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!