Error on generating system logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error on generating system logs

L2 Linker

i just upgraded to 9.1.11 from 9.1.10 and i get a pop up message saying "Error on generating system logs" but the logs shows up fine and updated

is this a bug ?

there isn't an error in the system monitor and i checked the known issues but it wasn't in them

perr.png

33 REPLIES 33

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @LAS 

a few days ago, I have upgraded Panorama from 9.1.10 to 9.1.11 as well and I am hitting the same issue. This seems only cosmetic. Other than this error message, all logs are loading properly. Likely it is a bug in 9.1.11.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @LAS I have opened a ticket to PAN TAC. So far, there is no conclusion. I will update you on this topic later.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue? I have the same error after upgrading panos from 9.1.10 to 9.1.11. Just when I am reaching the monitor tab.

Thanks in advance. Hope I get a prompt feedback from experts on this issue.

Best regards,

Nazmul

@PavelKThat is great, Thanks

Best regards,

L0 Member

Guys, do we have any further update on this. Can confirm if this is Cosmetic bug or there is any effect still.

I did upgrade few PAs and get same pop-ups.

Regards,

Manohar

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Sorry guys for not giving any update on this. Unfortunately, there is not much to share. 3 days ago, I got an update from TAC that they are observing this issue from multiple customers without seeing any impact on device functionality, however the root cause is still under internal investigation and they come back to me again next week.

Kind Regards

Pavel

L0 Member

Hello Support,

We are facing this issue as well, when we select the Monitor tab, we get that message.

Do you already have an update? We would appreciate it.

Best regards!

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello Everyone,

today, I got an update from PAN TAC:

====================================================================================

I have made some research and can confirm similar cases with the same version PAN-OS version 9.1.11,

You do not need to worry, as you suspected, it is a cosmetic issue and it has no effect on the Production device.

More over, it doesn't happen in PAN-OS 10.

====================================================================================

Other than this, I did not get any further information so we will have to wait to see this is going to be fixed in future releases in 9.1.X.

Kind Regards

Pavel

L3 Networker

We just got a support call with this issue. I suggested the Customer to restart the management server, he didn't want to do it. Has someone tried this? Just curious if it helps at all.

Cyberforce Commander.
Don't forget to hit that Like button if a post is helpful to you!

We tried a restart of one of our Panorama boxes but it did not resolve the issue.

I'm having the same issue and tried to restart the management plane.  The error still pops up.

L0 Member

We are getting the same error upon checking traffic logs however, as you say, this appears to be purely cosmetic. What isn't cosmetic is that we are not longer able to ping or SNMP poll the mgmt. interface, traffic logs show traffic coming in but firewall mgmt interface is not responding, no bytes received, but ping, https and snmp are enabled on management interface.

L1 Bithead

We are also seeing this error after upgrading to 9.1.11 from 9.1.10. I've opened a support case and will post back with any updates.

L4 Transporter

This was what we got back from support:

Comment: Hi,

Good day and I just confirmed that the ​engineering is planning to fix this issue on 10.0.9 and 10.1.4 PAN-OS which were not yet released.

So you can ignore the alert for now as there will not be any production impact. Once the above PAN-OS versions releases, you can upgrade the devices to resolve the issue.

If there is any other concern, please do not hesitate to tell, thank you.

Best Regards,
Crystal Sun, Palo Alto Networks Technical Support

• 33 replies
  • 3 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!