Failed to Send Email Reports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to Send Email Reports

L4 Transporter

Hi Team,

We have configured, Email Scheduler for the Daily report, We are tested the email severs communication and the email scheduler communication also fine. 

But we are not receiving the report, We are receiving the below error in system logs,

" Failed to email PDF reports to 'xxxx@xxx.com' for email profile Administrator " 

Please help me with the issue. 

NGFW

Snow
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi, 

I have found the solution, When I add only one report, I am receiving the reports So it is no of reports added is the issue. So is there any particular numbers can include in a report group. 

Snow

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @SubaMuthuram

If email test as well as scheduler test are successful, then as a next step, I would look into logs. Could you run this from CLI to see it can provide mode details what the issue is: tail lines 200 mp-log ms.log

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SubaMuthuram,

If you're going to look at the ms.log as @PavelK mentioned I would recommend only running that command if you know your scheduler should have emailed you a report recently. 200 lines on the ms.log file doesn't account for much depending on your firewall, there's a number of features that use this file and a number of them can get quite talkative in the ms.log file. 

I'd honestly start with the basics here. The test email simply verifies that the settings are correct and you can send an email, but it doesn't include attachments or anything of the sort. I'd personally just try generating the report manually or pulling it from the firewall's report history. Attach that PDF to an email and send it via the account your using on the firewall to the mailbox in question. You could find that the attachment is too large, the attachment type is restricted, or something else is preventing this email from being delivered properly.

Additionally in the system logs are you seeing any mail send errors (description contains 'mail send')? You should be seeing a number of attach file found messages, but it'll also show you errors in the operation if they exist. 

Hi, @BPry ,

Thanks for the suggestion, Is there a way we generate a report from Report Group or how can I export all the reports mentioned in a Report. 

Regards,

Suba J  

Snow

L4 Transporter

Hi, 

I have found this error in system logs,

mail send: attach file found:/tmp/pdf-email-schedulerJHabmF/1-20220102Daily_Reports.pdf

Also I have found mail client logs I have found the below,

2022-01-03 17:07:46.402 +0530 smtp.office365.com
2022-01-03 17:07:48.430 +0530 Error: maillog(smtpclient_lib.c:315): attach file found:/tmp/pdf-email-schedulerJHabmF/1-20220102Daily_Reports.pdf
2022-01-03 17:07:59.172 +0530 Error: getMsgBody(smtpclient_lib.c:865): caption 1-20220102Daily_Reports.pdf file /tmp/pdf-email-schedulerJHabmF/1-20220102Daily_Reports.pdf
2022-01-03 17:09:37.502 +0530 Error: pan_smtp_fn(smtpclient_lib.c:1667): curl_easy_perform() failed: Timeout was reached
2022-01-03 17:09:37.503 +0530 Error: maillog(smtpclient_lib.c:315): curl_easy_perform() failed: Timeout was reached

Any thoughts on this. 

Snow

L4 Transporter

Hi, 

I have found one strange thing here, The customer has many reports in a single report group, When I configured single report in a scheduler we are receiving report. 

Snow

L4 Transporter

Hi, 

I have found the solution, When I add only one report, I am receiving the reports So it is no of reports added is the issue. So is there any particular numbers can include in a report group. 

Snow

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SubaMuthuram,

2022-01-03 17:09:37.502 +0530 Error: pan_smtp_fn(smtpclient_lib.c:1667): curl_easy_perform() failed: Timeout was reached
2022-01-03 17:09:37.503 +0530 Error: maillog(smtpclient_lib.c:315): curl_easy_perform() failed: Timeout was reached

By default O365 accounts are only able to accept an email up to 25MB and up to 150MB depending on how the account is setup. I would verify that those reports attempting to be attached aren't reaching the max size for the mailbox. 

Hi @BPry,

Agreed, is there anyway where we can see the size of the Report file in palo alto  ?

Snow

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SubaMuthuram,

Under Monitor -> Reports you have the option to view past reports that the firewall has generated by clicking on the report and the date on the right hand side of the screen. This doesn't directly display the report size, but it will give you the option to export the report to whatever format you are utilizing and see what the report size is. 

L0 Member

Hi!

We have the same problem, several files are sent, it is not a problem of size, it seems to us that it is the number of views and reports added to the group, but there is no information on how many reports and views a group can have for sending emails.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!