Failed to setup Local log collector on Panorama VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to setup Local log collector on Panorama VM

L0 Member

Hi community,

I want to setup new panorama VM to replace old panorama M-100 and accept new devices.

I have deployed a vm on ESX with one disk of 81Gb and second disk of 2Tb.

Panorama running version 8.1.13,

you can see partial output of show system info to understand system mode and ressources allowed to VM.

system-mode is panorama
operational-mode: normal
num-cpus: 16
ram-in-gb: 32

our install respect system requirement for VM on esxi to use panorama on panorama mode with local log collector using one disk of 2Tb.

But after installation I have troubles with log collector and difficulties to undertands how panorama use virtual disk.

If i correctly understand process to use virtual disk added on esx to use it as local log collector inside panorama you need to make this.

1 - Add virtual disk on esx

2 - first optionnal virtual disk are seen on operating system as sdb drive.

3 - make active sdb drive on system

4 - configure log collector

4a - configure local log collector with serial numer of panorama

4b - add disk A to this collector (disk A is associate to sdb with previous action)

5 - add collector to collector groups

can you confirm this process or explain me how virtual disk are use inside panorama to local log collector.

So I added disk with "request system disk add sdb"

admin@Panorama-VM-1000> show system disk details

Name : sdb
State : Present
Size : 2097152 MB
Reason : Admin enabled

vmplayer_ih9AGwttKU.png

Issue appear after this when i add log-collector to panorama, i can correctly see space available for log storage but collector are disconnected and I didn't find ressources to explain this behaviours and define troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

You can see this log collector status below.

Anyone have an idea or a better understanding than me ?

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Same thing here. 9.1.2 - New ESX install, no local log collector.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!