Feature Request List

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request List

L7 Applicator

Hi community

In a lot of topics there are discussions and questions about PAN-OS enhancements and missing (not yet implemented) features. So far the PaloAlto Feature Request list isn't available to the public but in a lot of these existing topics feature request IDs (FR ID) are mentionned. Even knowing that PAN-OS is already a feature rich firewall operating system, there is always room for improvement, so I thought it might be helpful for others (and myself) to collect these existing public available FR IDs and summarize them in one topic.

ID Description Additional Information/Workaround Implemented in
130 Filter Logs by Adress Groups - -
204 Automatic rollback to last "good" configuration - -
241 SMTP authentication in Email server profile - -
339 Add negate function to all security policy columns    
776 increase custom report limit beyound Top 500 Also in FR ID 1636 and 1693 -
889 Mac Address as match criteria in security policy - -
913 Preview response pages directly in the WebUI without having to download them - -
919 Support for ICAP (Internet Content Adaption Protocol) - -
986 Custom Reports for System logs - -
1172 Ignore usergroup from User-ID - -
1225 Participation of PA firewalls in Spannin Tree - -
1370 URL column length limit in Reports - -
1696 Include Interface IP in SNMP MIB - -
2153 Terminal Server Agent for Linux - -
2287 Different ACLs for https, snmp, ... - -
2666 VRRP Support for clusters between PA and other devices - -
2924 Optain Global Protect IP from DHCP Server - -
3051 User Activity Report Enhancement (detailed web-browsing statistics including time spent) - -
3060 DHCPv6 client support - -
3495 Custom reports for system Logs - -
3591 /31 subnetmask support for HA1 link - -
4035 Dedicated Log category for Global Protect - -
4443 Support for USB modems (3G/4G/5G ...) - -
4454 gray out policies with expired schedules - -
4507 Show current interface bandwidth in a dashboard widget and log over time. - Not a dashboard widget but throughbut statistics and other device health metrics are implemented in PAN-OS 8.1
4603 Concurrent GP VPN session limit per User - -
4669 Generate system log upon schedule end - -
4670 Proactive notification for policies with soon expiring scheduled - -
4788 Block emails based on domains in "to", "cc" or "bcc", also log these in addition to only "to" and reply with smtp 541 when blocked - -
4920 Display SFP, SFP+ and QSFP serial number - -
5000 SCEP Server integrated in the firewall - -
5078 per-IP Traffic shaping - -
5357 Global Protect Agent Uninstall Password - -
5612 Automatically disable and remove policies with expired schedules - -
5678 Log the TLS version of websites and enable reporting about this - -
5686 DHCP Client Class-ID Setting - -
5844 BGP SNMP monitorings - -
6186 Log and report search keywords - -
6548 Customizable SMTP Response for Vulnerability Protection - -
6609 Add "Threat Email" to email subject when something malicious was detected and also log "cc" and "bcc" - -
7365 DHCPv6 Server support - -
7654 Support of DIPP with non-strict recognition by devices (Cisco ASA like) - -
7832 User-ID for Azure-AD authenticated users - -
9113 Integrated addressobjects for well-known cloud services - -
9195 OCSP stapling support for inbound decryption - -
9285 Custom configrable MFA integration - -
9509 DoH (DNS over HTTPS)/DoT (DNS over TLS) Support for DNS Sinkhole Feature - -
9522 App-ID for DoH (DNS over HTTPS) / DoT (DNS over TLS) Custom App-ID for DoH -
9563 Configurable Time when Global Protect Captive Portal Notification should be shown Captive Portal Notification Delay GlobalProtect 4.1
9958 Azure Information Protection (AIP) Tag support for Data Filtering Release Notes Content Version 8129 PAN-OS 8.0 starting with Content Update 8129
10173 Automatically open browser when Global Protects a Captive Portal and opens a configurable website Automatically Launch Webpage in Default Browser Upon Captive Portal Detection Global Protect 5.0.4 starting with Content Update 8181
10931 use logd disk space (33%) for elasric search in Panorama Panorama disk space allocation -
11012 Windows Server 2019 Support for User-ID Agent - User-ID Agent/PAN-OS 9.0.2
11153 Completely remove Global Protect 4.0 Design out of Global Protect 5+ - -
11211 Forced Global Protect network rediscover after IP change - -
11251 Panorama High Availability: MFA using SAML (Okta) - -
11524 Use FIB for route monitoring instead of gateway of the route itself - -
11763 Include the username in the csv with the URL logs when running a user activity report Download thelogs directly from the URL logs -
11764 Allow for more "User Activity Report" customization - pie charts, different bar charts, color, tables, etc. - -
11765 WebUI Color/Theme changes (Dark mode) already possible with some browser extensions (or maybe even directly in the browser) by modifying the css -
12264 Reporting based on HIP match failures, specially which failed items - -
12783 Log E-Mail links forwarded to Wildfire - -
13046 Support gMSA accounts for User-IP-Mappings - -
13414 Negate source User - -
15246 Import/Export ACC and Dashboard Widgets. - -

So far I found a few and I'll try to update this topic regularly. If you also know about existing requests, please write them here.

Regards,

Remo

134 REPLIES 134

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 889 - Mac Address as match criteria in security policy

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 11135 - Completely reomve Global Protect 4.0 Design out of Global Protect 5+

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 11211 - Forced Global Protect network rediscover after IP change

(This one is fo situations where the network is changed from external to an internal, Global Protect should do a network rediscover instead of just reconnecting to the GP Gateway)

@Remo wrote:

Added FR ID 11211 - Forced Global Protect network rediscover after IP change

(This one is fo situations where the network is changed from external to an internal, Global Protect should do a network rediscover instead of just reconnecting to the GP Gateway)

I thought this was already there.  I worked with eTAC and some GP issues we were having.  One thing I wanted was for every network event, from just a disconnect / reconnect, to changing IPs I wanted the connection to always "reverify" the state the client should be in.  I was told this field in the config "Automatic restoration of VPN connection Timeout" needed to be set to 0.  This would make the client always do a network discovery.

GP_Config.PNGGP_manual.PNG

@Brandon_Wertz 

Yes, you are right. When setting this value to 0 then this is correct, but this results (in the situation of our customer) that also in short connections losses the user has to log in again using MFA. Because of that I created this feature Request so that after short connection losses (for example when a user works in a train) the connection restoration is possible but still GP does not reconnect when changing from external to inernal.

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 4443 - Support for USB modems (3G/4G/5G ...)

L3 Networker

I'd like to add a feature request:

run a "user activity report"

in the "Download URL logs" link which open up a CSV file, please in this file include either the original Username or IP address whihch was entered into the box on the original "User Activity Report" diaglog.

We are concerened that Lawyers might not hold the file up in court since it doesn't have a username / IP tied to it.  Only the "Download User Activity Report" has that.

Thanks,

dannon

@dannon,

To actually request a feature request you need to reach out to your SE. This simply tracks the existing feature requests that already have a FR associated with them. Once your SE has the FR number please update us here. 

"We are concerened that Lawyers might not hold the file up in court since it doesn't have a username / IP tied to it.  Only the "Download User Activity Report" has that."

Just FYI, Lawyers could still throw out this report unless you have other logs to back up what's reported to the firewall. You would need proof that the firewalls indicated user is actually correct via other logs, such as DHCP logs and Event Security logs if in a Windows environment. 

I've arranged an FR for an issue I raised in a post here a few weeks back to allow for Static route path monitoring to be done using the FIB as opposed to being locked to the gateway of the route itself.

This is my OP which outlines the issue which this resolves.
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Route-Monitoring-Possible-FR/m-p/257932#M73180

@El-ahrairah wrote:

I've arranged an FR for an issue I raised in a post here a few weeks back to allow for Static route path monitoring to be done using the FIB as opposed to being locked to the gateway of the route itself.

This is my OP which outlines the issue which this resolves.
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Route-Monitoring-Possible-FR/m-p/257932#M73180

FR ID 11524 is added to the list. Thanks @El-ahrairah for sharing.

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 11012 - Windows Server 2019 support for User-ID Agent

L3 Networker

Reached out to my SE with these:

1.  run a "user activity report" 

in the "Download URL logs" link which open up a CSV file, please in this file include either the original Username or IP address which was entered into the box on the original "User Activity Report" dialog. We are concerned that Lawyers might not hold the file up in court since it doesn't have a username / IP tied to it.  Only the "Download User Activity Report" has that. - FR11763

2.  Log and report search keywords - user typed in suicide into Google - FR6186

3.  Show current interface bandwidth in a dashboard widget. Be able to log over time. - FR4507

4.  Log /report / make a column header the TLS/SSL version detected on HTTPS sites. - FR5678

5.  Allow the GUI to change colors - themes.  Maybe a dark theme?- FR11765

6.  In "Response Pages", have a "Preview" link, so that we can see the page quickly without having to download and open in another browser.  Useful when making changes.- FR913

7.  Allow for more "User Activity Report" customization - pie charts, different bar charts, color, tables, etc. - FR11764

Hi @dannon 

I have added your FR IDs to the list. And in addition I have some comments:

@dannon wrote:

1.  run a "user activity report" 

in the "Download URL logs" link which open up a CSV file, please in this file include either the original Username or IP address which was entered into the box on the original "User Activity Report" dialog. We are concerned that Lawyers might not hold the file up in court since it doesn't have a username / IP tied to it.  Only the "Download User Activity Report" has that. - FR11763

What abour simply downloading the logs directly from the URL logs?

@dannon wrote:

3.  Show current interface bandwidth in a dashboard widget. Be able to log over time. - FR4507

Since PAN-OS 8.1 there is a device health monitoring in panorama which includes bandwidth

@dannon wrote:

5.  Allow the GUI to change colors - themes.  Maybe a dark theme?- FR11765

This is already possible with browser extensions (maybe even directly in the browser) by enabling high contrast modes or by changing the css.

@dannon wrote:

6.  In "Response Pages", have a "Preview" link, so that we can see the page quickly without having to download and open in another browser.  Useful when making changes.- FR913

Because of the low number of this feature request this one is already pretty old so I think the chances that this (checkpoint) feature will be implemented are not that high...

FR-11251: Panorama High Availability: MFA using SAML (Okta)

When using SP-initiated SSO from PAN-OS via Okta and SAML, the SSO profile selection is sync'd between Active/Passive. Thus, you can only log in to one of your devices from an HA pair--e.g. if your SAML auth profile and its associated configuration in Okta redirects to the Active device's ACS URL, then you can only authenticate to the Active device. If you initiate SSO from the the Passive device, it will fail because you are redirected to the Active device's ACS URL and the assertion is for the Passive device.

L0 Member

We desperately need PANOS to support more than 8 ae interfaces.  We have some large chassis (with multiple vsys) that are embarrassingly underutilized because we can't assign more ae interfaces to them.  This seems like such a minor tweak, but it would help us fully use the hardware investments that we have made.  Please help! 

• 134 replies
  • 18 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!