Feature Request List

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@Brandon_Wertz wrote:

I woudl agree 100%.  Maybe even a ACC dashboard item?

Exactly. Once global protect logs are in their own category, I think PaloAlto has a lot more flexibility to do whatever with these logs: ACC, Custom Reports, dedicated menuentries in the monitor tab, correlation events, ...

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Cyber Elite

Added FR ID 2153 - Terminal Server Agent for Linux

Added FR ID 4035 - Dedicated Log category for Global Protect

Added FR ID 9509 - DoH (DNS over HTTPS)/DoT (DNS over TLS) Support for DNS Sinkhole Feature

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

Added FR ID 9522 - App-ID for DoH (DNS over HTTPS) / DoT (DNS over TLS)

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

We opened one at some point for DIPP NAT options some time ago:

FR ID: 7654

Requesting support of DIPP with non-strict recognition by devices.

This was basically to request features to allow DIPP NAT to be used more like the ASA's implementation of PAT (best effor port usage and sticky NAT).

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@jsalmans wrote:

We opened one at some point for DIPP NAT options some time ago:

FR ID: 7654

Requesting support of DIPP with non-strict recognition by devices.

This was basically to request features to allow DIPP NAT to be used more like the ASA's implementation of PAT (best effor port usage and sticky NAT).

Thanks, FR ID 7654 is added to the list

Highlighted
L3 Networker

I have one FR ID: 7832:  User-ID needs to support Azure AD authenicated users.  I have no idea what the status is, other than the SE stating it is a "highly requested feature"  Saidly, they do not seem to be in much of a hurry as this was requested in January.  I would like to see something more like Uservoice. Let people vote on items and then service can comment and commit to them based on their rating.   I see a lot of providers using this service now. 

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

Thanks @jharlow, FR ID 7832 is also added to the list.

Regarding the implementation status: New features are normally added in new major and some also in minor releases (so in x.0 and x.1 releases). This process takes a lot of time even for "highly requested" features. Maybe you are lucky and this one will make it into PAN-OS 9.0.

(Some of the FR IDs on the list are already there for more than 4 years)

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@vsys_remo wrote:

Added FR ID 9522 - App-ID for DoH (DNS over HTTPS) / DoT (DNS over TLS)

Workaround/Custom App-ID is available here: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Custom-Signatures/Custom-App-ID-for-DNS-over-https/td-p/229784/

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

Added FR ID 9958 - Azure Information Protection (AIP) Tag support for Data Filtering

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

Added FR ID 9563 - Configurable Time when Global Protect Captive Portal Notification should be shown

Added FR ID 10173 - Automatically open browser when Global Protects a Captive Portal and opens a configurable website

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!