Firewall details on Network tab and Device tab is not showing on GUI, but all details are intact on CLI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall details on Network tab and Device tab is not showing on GUI, but all details are intact on CLI

L1 Bithead

Hello,

We have a offshore  Palo Alto firewall that recently we noticed the details under the Network tab and Device tab is not showing on the GUI.

But on the CLI the details are there. (ip address, settings etc) and the firewall is still operational

have you guys encounter this before?

for your advice.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SIIX_Support,

If you're seeing the proper information in the CLI and the device has the actual correct running configuration, have you tried just restarting the management server process and seeing if it clears the GUI discrepancy? It's not noted in the post from what I've seen if this was tried yet or not.

The other thing that you could try is navigating to https://<Firwallip>/debug and validating that this isn't showing any errors regarding file access when trying to load those pages. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @SIIX_Support

could you please give more details? The setting you are not able to see in GUI, but it is in CLI, was it Panorama pushed or local configuration? What PAN-OS are you running on Firewall?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi PavelK,

It was previously pushed on Panorama but the result was failed, the version is 9.1.14h4.

When device is onboarded on panorama, device group can be imported but template is not imported.

for your advice.

Thanks

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @SIIX_Support and sorry for late response.

Unfortunately, I never came across this issue where there is a large portion of configuration missing in GUI. I came across issues where only certain config was missing in GUI and this was related to a bug that was addressed in later releases of PAN-OS. Based on what you described, I feel opening a TAC ticket would be better place to start.

Regarding Panorama commit/push errors, here is a collection of all KBs for these failures: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u0000008UglCAE To troubleshoot this issue further, I would recommend to check details of error message and if this is not intuitive/self explanatory, then check logs from CLI:

Panorama: tail follow yes mp-log configd.log
FW: tail follow yes mp-log devsrvr.log

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SIIX_Support,

If you're seeing the proper information in the CLI and the device has the actual correct running configuration, have you tried just restarting the management server process and seeing if it clears the GUI discrepancy? It's not noted in the post from what I've seen if this was tried yet or not.

The other thing that you could try is navigating to https://<Firwallip>/debug and validating that this isn't showing any errors regarding file access when trying to load those pages. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!