Firewall Events as Report

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall Events as Report

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

Is there a way where, I can generate report of firewall events, Like login events from system logs, As daily basis. And I will share through email. 

NGFW 

Snow
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @SubaMuthuram

All the reports in Firewall/Panorama are supporting only Traffic, Threat,... related events. I could not find any way to run a report for system logs, however if you are only interested in login events, then potentially one of the workaround could be enable under log setting in: Device > Log Settings > System, then use for example this filter: ( subtype eq auth ). The disadvantage of this, you will get an email for every login attempt.

PavelK_1-1640353123934.png

Another alternative would be to let all System logs forward to 3rd party monitoring system / SIEM and run report from there against system logs.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @SubaMuthuram

All the reports in Firewall/Panorama are supporting only Traffic, Threat,... related events. I could not find any way to run a report for system logs, however if you are only interested in login events, then potentially one of the workaround could be enable under log setting in: Device > Log Settings > System, then use for example this filter: ( subtype eq auth ). The disadvantage of this, you will get an email for every login attempt.

PavelK_1-1640353123934.png

Another alternative would be to let all System logs forward to 3rd party monitoring system / SIEM and run report from there against system logs.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thanks for the reply. Pavel.

Snow
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!