General - PA 5220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

General - PA 5220

L2 Linker

Hi

I have in logs this message

Type - SYSTEM

Subsystem - General

opaque: Number of hints on disk has exceeded 5000 due to log forward failures.

Someone may have had this error ?

Mr.P

15 REPLIES 15

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@pkowalewski,

It sounds like you may have a log-forwarding policy that is improperly configured or is pointing to something that is no longer accessable. I would start by verifying that all of the information in your log-forwarding policies is actually current. 

Hmm

I haven't any policy to log forwarding.

My set is "all log" forward.

I made a ticket in my local support of Palo Alto.

In this moment a don't have answer.

Regards

L6 Presenter

Hi,

getting same error log.panos 8.0.7

Does someone have any information ?

Regards

Hi

I have a answer from support PA.

Sounds like :

"Is over 5,000 logs were recorded on the device disk, because there was a problem with transferring them to Panorama as a result of performance problems - the logs per second parameter was exceeded"

but

This is like a bufor.

Since then I have no problems with  loging to Panoram and this erorr does not appear to me.

Regards

how was this fixed?

I made command

> debug software restart process log-receiver

end ... SYSTEM ALERT  was gone.

Had the same issue on the passive member of an Active/Passive HA-pair of PA-7050s running PANOS 8.0.10. Every 60 minutes, another copy of the message was logged.

The "debug software restart process log-receiver" command addressed the issue.

L0 Member

We had the same issue on our PA-5220 and we found this thread and ran the debug command "debug software restart process log-receiver" and it fixed the issue. Now all of our traffic logs forwards to Panorama and prior to doing this only System Logs were being forwarded.

Also to keep note is that after running the command the Alert kept coming and after check the raw logs locally it was way over teh threshold of 5000 but slowly coming down. Once it will go lower it will stop the alerts.

i ran the command but still got email alert

External Forwarding stats:
Type Enqueue Count Send Count Drop Count Queue Depth Send Rate(last 1min)
syslog 14217727 14217727 0 0 138812
snmp 0 0 0 0 0
email 1 1 0 0 0
raw 0 9074366 0 0 88644
http 0 0 0 0 0
autotag 0 0 0 0 0

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

issue was fixed by restart the log receiver from the root

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I'm experiencing the same issue on my standby device( PA 5250 ).

But restarting the log-receiver service did not resolve the issue.

Any other suggestions ?

Was it better in the "number of hints"(debug log-receiver rawlog_fwd show hints-stats) after you restarted the log receiver? all the logs that were failed to forward to PANORAMA are stored in the hints to forward in the next attempt. Once you restarted the log receiver the logs stored in the hints are started forwarding to PANORAMA as one log per second untill all the logs in the hints are become zero. So it may take a while to get that count down to 5000.

Not sure if there is any other issues. 

debug log-receiver rawlog_fwd show hints-stats

Hints statistics
Number of hints on disk : 0
Number of hints acked : 1
Number of hints corrupted : 0
Number of hints purged : 0

And still receiving the error...

L2 Linker

Good Evening,

I am receiving the following error in the system log every hour on a PA-5220 running PAN-OS 9.1.5. There is no Panorama in the deployment and none for the rules have log forwarding enabled.

Error, SYSTEM ALERT : high : Number of hints on disk has exceeded 5000 due to log forward...

Any takers on this problem?

Lance

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!