cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Global Protect on macs using active directory logins

L0 Member

Hi

We use ad accounts for users to login to the macs (arrange of MacOS versions), but from a certain day we been told that users need to use global protect to VPN in our sister company to use certain resources, mainly email.

Once global protect is on and connected, if the users screen saver kicks in.. the machine will no longer verify their username and password.

I thought it might be a dns issue and got the sister company to register our ad servers into the global protect's DNS.  I can ping/tracert back to both our AD servers but the issue is still occuring.

I can bypass the issue, as I've enabled admin override on the lock screen and if we disconnect/disable the VPN connection, the lock screen works as normal.

It works fine on the our windows machines (so I've been told), and with macs with local accounts, just not macs using AD logins (non-mobile).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

My initial thought would be that, while you can rach the AD servers, the sister company has not actually allowed AD traffic through GP back to your AD servers for the users to log back into the device. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!