GlobalProtect "Connecting...still working" (Mac OS 10.14.6)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect "Connecting...still working" (Mac OS 10.14.6)

L1 Bithead

After upgrading to the latest version of GlobalProtect, I have been trying to resolve this for days. Here's some additional info:

• Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
  • Have tried going back to an earlier version (5.0.1-9)
  • No prompt is showing in security & privacy for allowing the application.
  • Have tried "spctl kext-consent add PXPZ95SK77" in recovery mode and restarted mac.
  • The debug log gives me:
    03/24/2021 15:50:38.577069[Error 183]: Failed to load KEXT pangpd_10.9.kext, error sys_libkern:sub_libkern_kext (0x37:0x2:0x13)
    03/24/2021 15:50:38.577252[Debug 433]: ioctl return 2
    03/24/2021 16:15:44.074682[Debug 433]: ioctl return 2
    03/24/2021 16:15:44.074972[Debug 433]: ioctl return 2
    03/24/2021 16:15:44.075065[Debug 433]: ioctl return 2
    03/24/2021 16:15:44.075150[Info 45]: Darwin version 18.7.0

• Using MacOS Mojave (10.14.6)

I see that others resolved similar issues by upgrading the MacOS (e.g. https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/global-protect-showing-quot-connecting-quot-and-...), but I have some software that will stop working if I do so (and I'm not quite ready to spend the money for that yet). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Hi,

did you check if GP is allowed to run in MacOS?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dubsar,

These sort of things can get kind of tricky to troubleshoot, but the warning that you are getting is tied to GP not being able to load the required kext. The next step would be booting into recovery mode and attempting to spctl kext-consent add command that you already appear to have tried and didn't work. The one thing that I'll add to that is that you'll actually need to uninstall and re-install GlobalProtect once you've ran that command generally to get that to function correctly once it's been ran. Not sure you've done that. 

Thanks, @BPry 

I had tried uninstalling before booting into recovery mode and using the spctl kext-consent add command (as suggested elsewhere online). I just tried your suggestion. Sadly, that didn't work either.

Thanks, @Abdul-Fattah 

Yes, I checked--no conflict is showing in Security & Privacy.

L1 Bithead

Please see the solution that was posted here:

GlobalProtect Stuck (Still Working) 

Thanks, @FUBLVCKMAGIK  and @jdelio.

Unfortunately, this solution didn't work for me either.

L7 Applicator

What version of GP are you using again?  and MacOS?

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

@jdelioI'm using Mac OS 10.14.6; currently my version of GP is 5.0.2-13 (but going back to 5.0.1-9 didn't work either).

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!