GlobalProtect with "Vodafone Mobile Connect"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect with "Vodafone Mobile Connect"

L2 Linker

Hey there,

my colleagues are not able to connect via the HSPA USB Stick "Vodafone Mobile Connect" with our GlobalProtect gateways.

I do not see any error-message on the Firewall, only a successful log in but the client disconnect after ~1 second. Also I do not see a useful hint in the log files of the GP-Client.

I tried it with a LTE/4G mobile Wifi of the same provider and it is working perfect (same IP Address range like with the MobileConnect).

Does someone of you got experience with these kind's of UMTS sticks or just a hint? Please let me know if I can provide useful technical information/log entries.

Thanks,

Stephan

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hi Stephan,

we had the same problems with VF and MobileConnect and it was a problem with MTU:

This article solved my problem:

Re: GlobalProtect 3G issue on Windows 8 pro tablet

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the fast answer but the MTU size does not solved my problem =/.

The MTU was set to 1500 and I tried it with 1476 etc but without success.

The GP client need about 20 seconds to discover the network (normally about 4-5s) and after that I see a "connected", "disconnected", "connected", "disconnected" the whole time until our Firewall is thinking it's a Brute Force 😉

The next step I will try is to reproduce it on Windows because I only tried it with OS X.

Cheers,

Stephan

Hello together,

no solution found =/. My colleague got a mobile WiFi which is working and it looks like this will be the preferred tool in the future so there is no need for further investigation of this problem.....I know, I do not like this kind of "solutions" too but time is money Smiley Wink

Thanks,

Stephan

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!