HA synchronization failures - what would cause?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA synchronization failures - what would cause?

L4 Transporter

Hi.

I have a pair of PA2050's in a HA configuration which run just fine - I've had successfull failover (for software upgrades) without issue.

Occasionally (once a week, maybe), I notice int he High Availability section of the dashboard the section titled "Cert and Block Pages" falls out of synchronization, and I have to manually synchronize it again.

I can;t correlate this with recent commit operations or anything else which might obviously cause it - has anyone else seen this, and could maybe shed some light on why it's happening?

Devices are running software version 3.1.6 (upgrade to 3.1.8 scheduled).

Thanks for any insight.

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Running a pair of 500's on 3.1.7, I also see this occasionally. Not sure of the cause either, since it seems to occur randomly. In the most recent case, It's been over 3 weeks since the last policy change and it was fine for the majority of the 3 weeks.

L4 Transporter

My 2050s have done the same thing since 3.1.

A commit force from the CLI clears it up for about a week. They just seem to drift out of sync overnight.

Please open cases with your support provider when you experience this issue.  It sounds like a bug.

nrice wrote:

Please open cases with your support provider when you experience this issue.  It sounds like a bug.

I've logged a ticket with our support organisation. We'll see where it goes. Thanks.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!