Help needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help needed

L1 Bithead

Hello,

i cant install.

after starting GlobalProtect64.msi, only the following message appears

global_protect.JPG

16 REPLIES 16

L7 Applicator

oh Bugger!, i had this the other day and no matter how many times or what i tried it would not go away, i did fix it by deleting a reg key, let me try and find it...

Back soon...

L7 Applicator

okey dokey...  pic included...

regedit

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products

you can either search Products for GlobalProtect or..

select each entry under Products and see if GlobalProtect exists as a "ProductName"

if it does then delete it.

please backup your Grandma  and teach your Registry to suck eggs blah blah blah...

GPinstallreg.png

Thanks for your quick reply.
I had already searched the entire registry. Nothing is found. Also, I searched for it on my hard drive. Also negative. Even with a newly created user, I can not install Global Protect.
Best regards, Chris

Oh sorry @chris47803. Deffo worked for me, i must have got the error for a different reason...

is it by any chance V4.18. That you are installing.

Also.... go into services and make sure the windoze installer service is running, perhaps restart it if it already is....

other options here about re installing the windoze installer again..

https://appuals.com/fix-the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-in-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailab...

I download it via a link from the company

Does somebody still have an idea?

Not sure if i can offer any further advice, the error is usually because of an update or re install of software so seems strange on a new install.

i would manually find another entry in the area of the registry and search for that, just to ensure your search format is correct.

did you also check out the link i posted, i see no response....

perhaps search the web ypurself for “the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”.

you will see many results but may need to find one that works for you.

Hello,
I'd better start again from the beginning.
Global Protect was already installed and worked.

When I could no longer build a VPN one day, I uninstalled it and wanted to reinstall it.

Since then comes this error message.

I have the guidance of you through. Unfortunately without success.

I have also tried the fix from MS. I do not find Global Protect there.

Is there another tool to build a VPN with Palo Alto?

Hmmmm.... thats exactly what happened to me....

have you tried my previous advice...

to open regedit, go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products, open any key and find any productname, then search for that product name just to ensure your search is actually working.

or view each entry productname to see if it say palo alto or GProtect....

you can use a standard ipsec vpn client, i think open-vpn have one, you will need to point it to the palo alto gateway address.

the gateway must be configured for x-auth with group id and password...

I've searched the registry multiple times. Also I have used the Wise Registry Cleaner. Everything is negative. I then searched for the missing file in the registry and found something and deleted.

global_protect_registry.JPG

Now comes with installing a new error message.

global_protect_neuer_fehler.JPG

Ok copy gp install file to root of c drice

open command prompt to root of c:\

type the following...

msiexec.exe /i <Name_Of_Product.msi> /qb

the installation went through, but it ended up with a mistake.

global_protect_Install_in_C.JPG

When starting GlopalProtect this error comes

global_protect_neuer_fehler2.JPG

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!