Hot fixes for 7.0.8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hot fixes for 7.0.8

L4 Transporter

Hello,

There are two hotfixes released for 7.0.8.  Anyone from PAN TAC can share the detail about what got fixed?

Thanks,

~E

5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi ~E,

From what I can see there are no hot fixes for PAN-OS 7.0.8 ... where did you get this info ?

Cheers,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Open a new support case, on the OS Release drop down list,  you should see 7.0.8-h1 and 7.0.8-h2.

~E 

@nextgenhappines

I was able to talk with my internal support about this, and these fixes that you are seeing are actually internal fixes that are not generally available. No one external should see those versions, which is why it does not show up on the support-software page, nor inside of the WebGUI Device > Software page. 

Any of the fixes that are inside of h1 and h2 will be rolled into 7.0.9 when it is released soon.

We would like to apologize for any confusion caused by this.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

@jdelio

Thanks for the reply.  I understand what you mean, can I ask which platforms (3k, 5k, or 7k) are affected ?  Also, which functions/feature are affected ?   I am in the middle of rolling out 7.0.8,  It is very time consuming to get TAC to verifiy it is a known bug.  I am trying to cover all my bases and CYA.  

Any ETA for 7.0.9?

@nextgenhappines,

Honestly.. I saw the information but it was too brief to get the details on exactly what those 2 fixes were for. So I am sorry that I am not able to help you in that regards.  If you talked with support, they might be able to talk with their internal support and find out what they were for.

As far as 7.0.9, the updates normally come every 6 weeks (unless an emergency causes a fix to be published early.), but I just checked, and it appears that the Week of August 1, 2016 is when this is targetted to be relased.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!