How to confirm Email Scheduler send test email

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to confirm Email Scheduler send test email

L4 Transporter

Hi All

I would like to set a Daily schedule report and send it by Email Scheduler, the gateway of email server profile is our smtp-relay server(win2003 smtp service), and it will transfer all email request to Exchange server, all in our environment client can send email normally, however when i complete settings and click "send test mail" button and it shows the message "Test email sent to xxx@abc.com via gateway 192.168.1.1", it seems successfully send test email to my email address, but i can not receive any email from PA.

I have checked the email-relay server logs, but can not see any source address come from PA, and no any system log about it in PA.

Is there any way to debug it  on PA, All service route configuration are use default(Management Interface for all), and i can ping the smtp-relay server by PA management ip.

My PA-500's version is PANOS 4.1.4.

Thanks

Joy

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Check in the PA traffic log in case this was blocked (given that you already have a manually setup default deny in the bottom of your rule set including log on session start and/or log on session end (I prefer session start for the defautl deny to keep logvolume down)).

Also check Device > Setup > Services > Service Route Configuration that you use the interface you need to reach your smtp-relay.

Thanks for your reply,and i have confirmed that management interface can reach smtp relay-server.

In other hand, the management interface traffic are not pass-through pa itself, so there are no any logs about it in PA traffic log.

Regards

Joy

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!