How to create custom response pages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom response pages

L3 Networker

Hello,

I know that the Device -> Response pages menu allows to modify response page, but how can I add my own response page ?

What I would like to do is displaying an advertisement page when traffic is blocked during working hours (using schedules).

Is there a way to configure such feature ?

Kind Regards,

Laurent

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Hi all,

Thanks for your various answers.

Indeed, I would like to display a standard response page from trafic that is denied, and a particular response page for trafic that is denied because of working hours.

As I understand there is no simple way to achieve this functionality.

Maybe there is a potential solution by using XML API, also I will have a look at this. If you have more info about this it would be helpful.

Regards,

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Actually, the solution isn't what I would call simple... but it is very doable...

I created a 'Response Page framework' rather than a standard Response Page (sterilzed version attached).  This page displays different pages based on what caused the 'Block'.

You could add the code around FaceBook to handle the time of day block... add this to the scheduling solution (mentioned in an earlier reply)

Thanks

Art

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!